Professional Development Workshops
Our highly engaging professional development workshops are an integral part of our school programs and are included in the cost of the student missions.
“I have used almost everything we learned through the STEM PD in my classroom or by sharing it with fellow teachers for their classroom. That was some of the most valuable PD I’ve attended.” — 6th grade science teacher, Bernard Middle School
New teachers are expected to participate in the full-day workshop that includes:
- Participating in the program(s) that their students will experience
- Engaging in standards-based activities that will help prepare their students for their mission
- Receiving access to additional STEM-based activities and resources
Returning teachers are strongly encouraged to take part in our half-day workshop that includes:
- Updates to missions and programs that will impact the students’ experience
- Participating in hands-on, standards-based STEM activities that tie into the student programs
- Access to additional STEM-based activities
Custom Professional Development Workshops
Customized professional development workshops are available to schools and districts looking for specific topics relevant to their curriculum or provide activities that meet district requirements. Workshops can take place at the Challenger Learning Center or at the participating school.