Choose an “out of this world” summer camp adventure where campers will experience space mission simulations, astronaut training activities, rocketry, robotics, and much more.
Virtual Summer Camp
Ground Control Camp
Working remotely is nothing new for NASA… and neither is creatively using the materials you have at hand! In this week-long experience, campers will take on the roles of scientists and engineers working together from around the world to launch robotic probes that explore our solar system. Each day, the small crew will gather (remotely) with Challenger Learning Center staff for one hour to complete team building, learn about space exploration, and advance their mission. Then, on their own time, crew members must use creative problem solving to complete challenges using only the materials they have at home.
- Ages 8-11 (Junior) and 12-15 (Advanced).
- Requirements: Access to Zoom during scheduled time (computer access recommended). Commitment to attending all 5 days of program.
- Limited to 12 children per session.
- Prizes given to campers who participate in all 5 daily sessions and complete all five DIY challenges.
- Cost: Suggestion donation of $50 per camper. Donations of any amount qualify campers for a t-shirt.
Junior Ground Control Camp (ages 8-11) 10:00-11:00 CDT
- June 8-12: Junior Mission to the Moon https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105024095898
- June 15-19: Junior Mission to Mars https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105429811404
- June 22-26: Junior Mission to the Moon https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105433059118
Advanced Ground Control Camp (ages 12-15) 1:00-2:00 CDT
Financial Support & Scholarships
If cost will prohibit your child from participating in a summer camp experience, you may qualify for financial aid. Priority is given to students in the Ferguson/North County area. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information,