Choose an “out of this world” summer camp adventure where campers will experience space mission simulations, astronaut training activities, rocketry, robotics, and much more.
Virtual Summer Camp
Ground Control Camp
Working remotely is nothing new for NASA… and neither is creatively using the materials you have at hand! In this week-long experience, campers will take on the roles of scientists and engineers working together from around the world to launch robotic probes that explore our solar system. Each day, the small crew will gather (remotely) with Challenger Learning Center staff for one hour to complete team building, learn about space exploration, and advance their mission. Then, on their own time, crew members must use creative problem solving to complete challenges using only the materials they have at home.
- Ages 8-11 (Junior) and 12-15 (Advanced).
- Requirements: Access to Zoom during scheduled time (computer access recommended). Commitment to attending all 5 days of program.
- Limited to 12 children per session.
- Prizes given to campers who participate in all 5 daily sessions and complete all five DIY challenges.
- Cost: Suggestion donation of $50 per camper. Donations of any amount qualify campers for a t-shirt.
Junior Ground Control Camp (ages 8-11) 10:00-11:00 CDT
- June 8-12: Junior Mission to the Moon https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105024095898
- June 15-19: Junior Mission to Mars https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105429811404
- June 22-26: Junior Mission to the Moon https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105433059118
- July 13-18 (Junior Mission to Mars): https://junior-mission-to-mars-week-4.eventbrite.com
- July 20-24 (Junior Mission to the Moon):https://junior-mission-to-the-moon-week-5.eventbrite.com
- July 27- 31 (Junior Mission to Mars): https://junior-mission-to-mars-week-6.eventbrite.com
Advanced Ground Control Camp (ages 12-15) 1:00-2:00 CDT
- June 8-12: Advanced Mission to Mars https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105026779926
- June 15-19: Advanced Mission to the Moon https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105434369036
- June 22-26: Advanced Mission to Mars https://www.eventbrite.com/e/105434459306
Virtual Maker Camps
Kids ages 12 and up can participate in our Virtual Maker Camp, where they will get to design and build their own robot or drone. Camps include the cost of the kit and and camp t-shirt, which will be shipped to your home.
Ages 12+ 1:00-3:00 PM CDT
Campers will receive an educational robotics kit valued at over $125. During the week of camp, Challenger staff will meet with the campers online for 2 hours a day to provide building strategies and offer troubleshooting as they work through assembly. Campers will then be guided through the basics of coding to program their robots and use these skills to make the robot complete more complex tasks each day. Each camper should have access to a device with the ability to download a free iOS or Android app.
- July 13-17 (Competition Bot)
Cost: $195 : https://robotics-week-1.eventbrite.com
- July 27-31 (Explorer Bot)
Cost: $220 https://robotics-week-2.eventbrite.com
Ages 12+ 1:00-3:00 PM CDT
Campers will receive an education drone kit valued at over $100. During the week of camp, Challenger staff will meet with campers virtually to coach them in drone assembly and coding. Campers will practice with drone simulation software and work together to complete drone missions. Each camper should have access to a device with the ability to download a free iOS or Android app.
Financial Support & Scholarships
If cost will prohibit your child from participating in a summer camp experience, you may qualify for financial aid. Priority is given to students in the Ferguson/North County area. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information,